Home Worship Guide
We want to equip you as much as we can to help us worship together though we are scattered. Nothing can replace the gathering of the saints in one place at one time worshipping together. But as we are currently scattered, here are some things we can all be doing in our homes that we know other saints of High Pointe are doing at the same time. May the Lord bless your time of worship in your home this morning and produce much fruit from it.
"How Majestic is Your Name O Lord!"
Message & Discussion Questions
- How might meditating on the majesty of God help us fight our pride?
- What promises of God can the people of God cling to from Psalm 8?
- What are some ways God has shown his care for you in the past?
- What are some ways the world would answer the question "what is man?" and how does it differ from a Christian perspective?
- What should God's people do during times when it doesn't feel like God cares?
- How does David's affirmation in verses 5-8, that humanity has dignity from God, influence our thinking aobut ourselves and others?
As you gather in your home, here are some song you all can sing that are related to the sermon.
Praise to the Lord the Almighty
Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery
Be Thou My Vision
This is the template our pastors utilize in the weekly pastoral prayer. Each topic of prayer will be updated each Sunday. Know that as you pray for these topics in your home, your High Pointe brothers and sisters will be praying for these same things!
We need your help on this. Though we are unable to gather on Sunday mornings, we want to encourage you to continue to give faithfully. If you normally give via check or cash through the offering plates on Sunday, we ask that you would please begin to give online. Also, you can give by texting any amount to 84321. Offices will be open during the week (8:30am – 4:30pm; Monday – Thursday) if you would like to stop by and give your check or cash in person. If you have any questions about ways to give, please contact the church office: (512) 837-7725 or email Pastor Davey at firstname.lastname@example.org
No printer? Or printer not working? No worries! Just take some or all of these questions and ask your child to answer them on whatever paper you have available. Whether your child takes notes or not, we recommend you utilizing these questions after the sermon to lead in sermon discussion with your family.